If you’ve ever scrolled thru several confusing Pinterest recipes and wondered how to make the best chocolate avocado pudding you’ve ever tasted or if it’s even a good idea to try…
…Then be warned, once you make this pudding you’re going to be hooked on it. Even babies love this delicious and healthy no-cook pudding. It’s perfect for chocolate lovers!
It’s best to use ripe or even overripe avocados. Don’t be afraid of any brown spots on the avocado flesh, they’re perfectly fine to use. No one will see that anyway.
The Quickest Way to Cut an Avocado
We know avocados aren’t the easiest fruit to peel. Here’s our foolproof quick way to cut avocados:
Step 1: Turn the avocado on its side, take a sharp kitchen knife, and cut all around the middle of the avocado (lengthwise).
Step 2: Then twist each half in opposite directions.
Step 3: Take the half with the seed and place it flat on your countertop with the seed facing you. Now with the sharp edge of your knife hit the seed hard. Twist your knife and lift, the seed will pop out.
Step 4: Next score the avocado flesh lengthwise in slices and then crosswise all the way down until you touch the skin. Be careful not to pierce the skin.
Step 5: Now take a tablespoon (one you’d eat with) and in a scooping motion between the skin and the flesh scoop out the avocado chunks.
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Pudding – A Guilt Free Good for You Treat
When want a decadent dessert to satisfy those sugar, salt, or fatty food cravings, you can’t go wrong with dark chocolate. Dark chocolate makes you feel “fuller” than other snacks or treats because it takes your body longer to digest.
When it’s combined with avocados that contain around 10 grams of fiber per cup (sliced), you’ll feel fuller longer and the “treat” effect goes further.
It might feel like you’re cheating…but you’re not. It’s also a natural caffeine stimulant that’s a perfect energy bump without the guilt when eaten in moderation.
Wait, do we even have to tell you about the benefits of avocados? Of course not. Now, let’s make some chocolate avocado pudding.
Pro tip: The day before you plan to make the pudding, put your avocados in the refrigerator. Cold avocados blend better and keep your pudding thick.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding Recipe
Servings: 2-4 (Paleo Friendly)
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder or dark cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut milk or milk of choice (you can adjust this slightly depending on how thick or thin you prefer your pudding)
- 2 ripe avocados (peeled and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons VitaSkye Cocology Elixir
- ½ teaspoon ground espresso powder or instant coffee
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 generous pinch of Himalayan pink salt or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons quality (Grade A) maple syrup
- Add cocoa, then add ¼ cup of coconut milk, VitaSkye Cocology Elixir, espresso, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup to blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add avocados, look at consistency of pudding, add one tablespoon at a time of remaining coconut milk until desired thickness is achieved, and blend until creamy.
- If a thinner consistency is desired, add one tablespoon of additional milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately or chill for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate for up to 2 days.